Address: 341 Masterson Rd., Cle Elum, Wa
Private Property/ Do Not Trespass to take photos!
Quilt Block: Crazy Quilt with Angus Bull
The Masterson Ranch was settled in 1880 by James Masterson and his sons, Harry and Howard (Bat). James Masterson was not only a pioneer cattleman, but a former US Marshall, buffalo hunter, silversmith,Army Scout and 49’er. James and his son’s dug a three mile long irrigation canal to the 2,000+ acres from the Teanaway river.
The massive barn was originally built for horses and hay storage in 1923 and once held 48 teams of draft horses. Thousands of head of Angus cattle grazed the pastures of the original holdings. In 1959, metal siding and roofing was added to the exterior to help preserve the barn’s wood exterior and eliminate the need to shovel snow.
The ranch remains in the Masterson family today. Laura, Kathy and Marcus Masterson, proudly share the history and legacy of the their family ranch. They chose the ‘Crazy Quilt’ block based on a family quilt made by Mary Masterson and the Angus bull represents the fine breeding of superior Angus cattle by the Masterson men.